Email messages sent to Exclaimer Cloud are not being delivered (or delivery is delayed) and the Microsoft 365 message trace shows an error similar to this:
Typically, this scenario occurs if the Mail Routing options in Exclaimer Cloud are configured to return messages to the Sender Domain. This configuration tells Exclaimer Cloud to perform a lookup for each processed email, passing the processed email back to the server(s) specified within the sending domain name’s MX records.
The steps described below are from the old UI.
Follow these steps to resolve the issue:
- Log into the Exclaimer portal (portal.exclaimer.com) and Launch your subscription.
- Click on the options list from the top-right of your screen and select Settings.
- The Settings window is displayed, select the Mail Flow tab.
- Click the Edit button under Mail Routing.
- From the Mail routing mode drop-down, select Static Domain.
- In Domain name, enter the Microsoft 365 domain name (ending in .onmicrosoft.com).
- Click Save to save the changes.