You are using Exclaimer Cloud, and you are creating your email signature. The signature template requires web-hosted images; however, you do not have access to a web location, such as the company's web directory. You would like to host an image that you can maintain and store easily.
Dropbox is a free-to-use service where you can upload multiple types of files, including images.
Dropbox recently changed how the files are 'shared' and no longer supports web-hosted images the same way.
To use web-hosted images in your signature template, please ensure:
- You have an account with Dropbox.
To host images using Dropbox:
- Upload the image(s) to your Dropbox account.
- Once the image has been uploaded, click on the ellipsis (three dots), click Share, then select Share with Dropbox.
- A window is displayed. Ensure that Anyone with this link can view is set.
- If the Anyone with this link can view is not set - click Settings link to change it.
- Click Save to save the changes made.
- Click Copy Link to copy the link; alternatively, click on the ellipsis (three dots) on the image, then click Copy link.
Example - Copy Link to copy the link:
Example - Alternative option:
- Now, within Exclaimer Cloud, open the required signature template within the Signature Designer.
- Select the Image element in the template. From the right-hand side, Properties pane, expand the Image Source section.
- In the Linked Image URL, paste the generated link (from Copy link).
Please note that the link will not work as it currently is - the image will not show correctly.
- To ensure the image can be seen - locate the text ?dl=0 within the Linked Image URL and change it to ?raw=1.
Linked Image URL - Before:
Linked Image URL - After:
- Once this is done, you will see the image within the template and the image preview.
- Click OK to save the changes and close the Image/Logo window.
- Click SAVE CHANGES to save the changes made to the signature template.
How to host images using Google Drive?
How to preview your user data in the Template Editor?
How to add Trust Pilot within your signatures?
Why is the 'drag and drop editor' not working for me?
How to use font stacks in Exclaimer Cloud?
How to add 'Click to Call' on your signature?
Embedded images vs hosted images in email signatures