You are using Exclaimer Cloud, and you have created your email signature template. While testing, you notice that the signature appears small on your mobile device.
This issue is typically caused by an element in the template, such as a large image or a wide signature. The mail app re-sizes the signature to fit within its own dimensions. Multiple solutions can help enlarge the signature within the mobile device.
Below are the most common solutions to rectify this issue:
Width of the signature template
- When you create your signature template, please keep in mind the width of the signature itself.
We recommend: Your signature template should not exceed more than 600px. However, this may still be too wide for some devices, and it is suggested to keep the signature at around 400-500px wide as the optimal size for mobile devices.
To check the size of your signature template:
- Within Signature Designer, select the template.
- From the right-hand side properties pane, expand the Size section.
You can see the width and height of the selected template.
- Check your images and ensure they have been re-sized in an image editor.
If a fixed width has been left on the image itself, then the mobile device will consider the original image file size, causing the signature to shrink.
Text Box in the signature template not set to Wrap
- Ensure that the text has text wrapping for Wrap enabled.
For example, the Legal Disclaimer typically has the most significant amount of text within the email signature - please ensure that the disclaimer text has text wrapping for Wrap enabled.
- Please check if you are using a custom font - text will not wrap unless a fixed width has been set on the text box itself.
To check the render mode of the text:1. Within Signature Designer, select the text within the template.
2. From the right-hand side properties pane, expand the Render section.
To check the text wrapping:
- Within Signature Designer, select the text within the template.
- From the right-hand side properties pane, expand the Text section and locate the Text Wrapping option.
- Ensure Text Wrapping is set to WRAP.
If you do not wish the disclaimer to fit the same table width as the main signature, you can move it outside the table.
To stretch and wrap according to window size, ensure the above Wrap setting has been applied.
If the resolution stated above does not correct the issue, please contact our Signature Design Team by raising a support ticket online.
Why do images in my signature appear large after a reply or forward message?
Why does the logo disappear or appear very small in Outlook Mail App
Why does the image overlay information in my signature in Apple Mail?
How can I hide a signature field if it's blank?
Why do signatures appear broken or squashed on mobile phones?
How to fix the signature template when it wraps incorrectly?
Guidelines for signature design