You are using Exclaimer Cloud and have created your email signature. You notice that the images within your signature appear blurry or low in quality.
The quality of the image depends upon several factors, such as:
- the resolution of the image itself
- the resolution of your laptop or monitor
- the zoom settings you have in place
- if the image is rendered as a bitmap
Some tips to help you resolve the image quality issues:
- Check the quality of the image in Photoshop, MS Paint or GIMP. If the resolution is high, change it to 96dpi; if the resolution is low, double-check the image size.
- If you reduce the image size from large to small, please be aware that it will lose the image quality.
- Within Photoshop, you can preserve the quality by changing the image into a custom smart object.
- If you are using MS Paint or GIMP, then this option is not available - in this case, ensure that the resolution is correct.
- Check the zoom and display settings within the environment you are working with. 4K monitors can differ from the standard 1080 pixel sizes.
- Check if the custom font or background image is rendered as a bitmap. In this case, the only solution is to remove the custom font or background image. For more information, see How to resolve bitmap quality issues?