This option allows you to use the signature of the user (or group or shared mailbox) you are sending the email on behalf of. So, even though you drafted and sent the email on behalf of someone else (user, group or shared mailbox), you will receive replies with all the contact details of the user (or group or shared mailbox) you sent the email on behalf of.
There can be various scenarios where this feature is explicitly useful, some examples are listed below; some organizations may have:
- Admin staff send emails on behalf of lawyers, solicitors, attorneys.
- Sales staff send emails on behalf of Sales colleagues.
This functionality will only work with server-side signatures.
How to access it?
To access the Send on Behalf option:
- You need to be logged in as an Exclaimer Cloud Administrator to view the configuration options. If you are logged in as an Editor you will see a banner, at the top, with a message that some of the configuration options are not available and can only be modified by an Exclaimer Cloud Administrator. For more information on permissions, please see the Difference between Editors and Admin?
- From the left-hand pane, click Configuration then select Manage Mail Flow.
- From the right-hand pane, under Send on Behalf are all the relevant options.
Allowing Send on Behalf
To enable permissions to evaluate rules when sending email on behalf of another user:
- Select Use 'Send on Behalf' sender.
- Click SAVE.