The Exclaimer Cloud Signature Update Agent allows you to synchronize signatures directly with the user's Outlook, on both Windows and macOS as well as Apple Mail.
This article guides you through the process of how you can install the Exclaimer Cloud Signature Update Agent for macOS or deploy it via Intune.
Please click on the required options listed below to go through the detailed description:
Before you install the Exclaimer Cloud Signature Update Agent for macOS, please ensure:
- Your Administrator has configured Outlook Signatures in the Exclaimer portal
- You are running macOS 10.13 or above
Installing the Cloud Signature Update Agent for macOS
To install the signature agent for Windows:
- Click Download for macOS to download the Exclaimer Cloud Signature Agent to your Mac.
- Once the .dmg file has been successfully downloaded, run the .pkg file to install the agent.
- To run the file, double-click the .pkg file to install the Exclaimer Signature Agent.
- Click Continue to run the wizard.
- If required, click Change Install Location....to change the location where the install will be run from.
- Click Install to proceed with the installation process.
- In User Name, your Administrator username will already be filled in.
- In Password, enter your Administrator password for the Mac.
- Click Install Software to proceed, else click Cancel to abort the installation process.
- Once the software has been successfully installed the following message is displayed:
- Click Keep to keep the installer package and disk image in its current location, or
- Click Move to Trash to bin the installer.
- Now, you need to sign in to your Microsoft 365 account in order to download the signatures.
This completes the installation process for macOS.
To double-check that the agent has been successfully installed:
Open the Activity Monitor and you will see Exclaimer Signature Agent.
Default signature downloaded in Outlook:
Once you restart Outlook, click New Email. You will notice that the default signature has been downloaded onto your new email.
Default signature downloaded in Apple Mail:
Once you restart Apple Mail, click New Message. You will notice that the default signature has been downloaded onto your new email.
Full Disk Access
To allow the Cloud Signature Agent Full Disk Access:
- Go to System Preferences then select Security & Privacy.
- The Security & Privacy window is displayed, select the Privacy tab, as displayed below:
- From the left-hand side options, select Full Disk Access:
- You will need to enter the Administrator password to make changes to the security & privacy preferences.
- If the Cloud Signature Update Agent is run directly then the Exclaimer Signature Agent will need Full Disk Access.
- If the Cloud Signature Update Agent is run from the Terminal then the Terminal will need Full Disk Access.
Exclaimer Signature Agent app not available
In the newer versions of macOS, the Exclaimer Signature Agent app might not be available on the right-hand side apps list.
The below screenshot displays the Exclaimer Signature Agent app available on the right-hand side apps list:
To add the Exclaimer Signature Agent option to the right-hand side apps list:
Click the lock to make changes (). The System Preferences window is displayed. Enter your Admin credentials to proceed.
- From the right-hand side, click + ()
- Navigate to Macintosh HD > Library > Exclaimer, select the Exclaimer Signature Agent app then click Open.
The following message is displayed:
- Click Quit & Reopen.
- You will now see the Exclaimer Signature Agent on the right-hand side list.
- Click the lock to prevent further changes ()
Follow these steps to deploy the Exclaimer Cloud Signature Agent for macOS via Intune:
Steps on how you can prepare the App for deployment.
- Steps on how you can create your App in the Endpoint Manager.
Preparing the App
Follow these steps to prepare the app for deployment:
- Click Download for macOS to download the Cloud Signature Agent to your Mac.
- Once the .dmg file has been successfully downloaded, extract the .pkg file.
- Now, you need to create an intunemac file.
- Follow the commands to use the Microsoft Intune App Wrapping Tool for macOS as outlined in the Microsoft Intune App Wrapping Tool for macOS.
For more information, also see How to add macOS line-of-business (LOB) apps to Microsoft Intune.
Creating an App
Follow these steps to create an App in the Endpoint Manager:
- Login to the Microsoft Endpoint Manager admin center.
- From the left pane click Apps then click All apps.
- Click Add, then select Line-of-business app from the App type drop-down.
- Click Select to proceed.
- From the Add App pane, click Select app package file to select the relevant package file to be included.
For macOS, it'll be intunemac.
- Click OK to proceed.
- Enter the App information:
- In Name, enter Exclaimer Cloud Signature Update Agent (macOS).
- In Description, enter Client-side application for the Exclaimer Cloud service.
- In Publisher, enter Exclaimer Ltd.
- In Minimum Operating System, select macOS High Sierra 10.13.
- Click Next to select All devices.
- Click Next to proceed, then click Create to create the defined app.