If you have configured the server-side feature, it is important to update the Sender Policy Framework (SPF) record.
If you don't do this, there is a risk that any messages that are routed from Exclaimer Cloud back to your email service can be marked as spam by recipients.
Updating Sender Policy Framework
To avoid emails being marked as spam, it is important to update the SPF record for all domains for which the emails will be routed to Exclaimer Cloud.
UK United Kingdom
US United States
For Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for Google Workspace, the only SMTP hosts available are for Region code EU and US.
For more information, see How to check your region code.
The SPF record needs to be updated to include the following SPF include mechanism:
- Where <region code> is replaced with the region code for the subscription (see How to check your region code).
- place it directly after the include mechanism for Outlook.com or Gmail, as it will already be in the right place for sending emails, and
- add it before the 'all' mechanism as it is effectively the end of the SPF record.
Example before updating the record:
v=spf1 include:spf.protection.outlook.com ~all
Example after updating the record:
v=spf1 include:spf.protection.outlook.com include:spf.UAE.exclaimer.net ~all
- Please do not remove any existing mechanism for other services, such as Microsoft, Google, Mimecast and so on.
Please note that many DNS hosting providers are available, and each one may have a different method for editing the SPF records as it is part of the Domain Name System (DNS) settings.
If you do not know how to access the SPF record, we recommend that you either contact the hosting service provider or whoever is responsible for hosting within the organization to assist you further.
How to check your region code?
- Log in to the Exclaimer portal (portal.exclaimer.com) using the email address provided when you created the subscription.
- Under Your Subscriptions, click Manage...
NOTE: If you cannot see the Manage option against the required subscription, then you are not the subscription administrator.
- Under Subscription details, locate the Server to view your region.