The Cloud Signature Update Agent allows you to synchronize signatures directly with the user's Outlook, on both Windows and macOS as well as Apple Mail. To synchronize signatures with the user's Outlook, the Cloud Signature Update Agent needs to be deployed to each user's computer.
This page describes the steps on how you can install the client-side, for macOS, and it consists of the following sections:
Before you install the Cloud Signature Update Agent for macOS, please ensure:
- Your Administrator has configured Outlook Signatures in the Exclaimer portal
- You are running macOS 10.13 or above
Installing the Cloud Signature Update Agent for macOS
To install the signature agent for Windows:
- Click Download for macOS to download the Cloud Signature Agent to your Mac.
- Once the .dmg file has been successfully downloaded, run the .pkg file to install the agent.
- To run the file, double-click the .pkg file to install the Exclaimer Signature Agent.
- Click Continue to run the wizard.
- If required, click Change Install Location....to change the location where the install will be run from.
- Click Install to proceed with the installation process.
- In User Name, your Administrator username will already be filled in.
- In Password, enter your Administrator password for the Mac.
NOTE: In some cases you might need to enter the Keychain password or use Touch ID built-in your Mac to authenticate and install the software onto the device.
- Click Install Software to proceed, else click Cancel to abort the installation process.
- Once the software has been successfully installed the following message is displayed:
- Click Keep to keep the installer package and disk image in its current location, or
- Click Move to Trash to bin the installer.
- Now, you need to sign in to your Microsoft 365 account in order to download the signatures.
This completes the installation process for macOS.
WARNING! You may need to restart Outlook or Apple Mail for the default signatures to take effect.
To double-check that the agent has been successfully installed:
Open the Activity Monitor and you will see Exclaimer Signature Agent.
Default signature downloaded in Outlook:
Once you restart Outlook, click New Email. You will notice that the default signature has been downloaded onto your new email.
Default signature downloaded in Apple Mail:
Once you restart Apple Mail, click New Message. You will notice that the default signature has been downloaded onto your new email.
Full Disk Access
To allow the Cloud Signature Agent Full Disk Access:
- Go to System Preferences then select Security & Privacy.
- The Security & Privacy window is displayed, select the Privacy tab, as displayed below:
- From the left-hand side options, select Full Disk Access:
- You will need to enter the Administrator password to make changes to the security & privacy preferences.
- If the Cloud Signature Update Agent is run directly then the Exclaimer Signature Agent will need Full Disk Access.
- If the Cloud Signature Update Agent is run from the Terminal then the Terminal will need Full Disk Access.
NOTE: Some installations of macOS require Full Disk Access to be enabled for both the Terminal and the Exclaimer Signature Agent.