The signature sender 'Exceptions' functionality allows you to define which users within your organization will not use a particular signature on their company emails. For example, members of the ‘Sales team’ group within your organization use a particular signature on their emails; but you want members of the 'Cancellation and Rebooking' group (which are also members of the ‘Sales team’ group) to not use the same signature as the Sales team on their emails. You want the 'Cancellation and Rebooking' team to use the generic company signature on their emails.
However confusing the above scenario may sound, the Exceptions tab allows you to exclude individual users or groups from using a particular signature on their emails.
This topic describes the steps to define sender exceptions for the 'selected signature'.
If you define users (senders) from within a folder, you can add or edit individuals or groups to exclude from having the signatures applied (within the 'selected folder').
How to access it?
To access the Exceptions tab:
- From the All Signatures tab, select the signature onto which you want to define users, then click MANAGE.
The selected signature window is displayed.
- Select the Exceptions tab to exclude users or groups from using the selected signature.
Defining which sender this signature does not apply to?
To define sender exceptions for the selected signature:
- From the Exceptions tab, click Add Group to (enable the drop-down and) add specific Members of this group to whom the selected signature will not be applied to. (Group implies members from the Microsoft 365/Azure AD or G Suite/Google directory).
- Enter the specific sender name or email address of the group members; this is a predictive text field, so any matched groups will be shown as you start to type. For example, typing the letter 'a' displays any senders containing that letter.
- Click Add Group to add another member of the group.
- Click against the group you want to delete.
- Click Add Sender to (enable the drop-down and) add specific users (senders) to whom the selected signature will not be applied.
- Enter the specific sender name, email address or domain name; this is a predictive text field, so any matched groups will be shown as you start to type. For example, typing the letter 'a' displays any senders containing that letter.
- click Add Sender to add another member of the group.
- click against the sender you want to delete.
- Click Add Advanced Query to exclude the selected signature according to queries based on user attributes.
The Advanced query window is displayed:
- In Query Description, enter a description for the query. Once the query is complete, this description will be displayed on the signature title.
For the selected signature, you can only select one option from the Start with section.
- Select No-one, to start the query with nothing and add matched users, or
- Select Everyone, to start the query with everyone and remove matched users.
Now, you need to define your query:
- From the Then drop-down, select the required option (either Add or Remove) to suit your scenario. The option you select will determine what will happen to users who match the query conditions.
- From the User Where drop-down, select the user attribute field that needs to be matched.
- From the Is drop-down, select the value to determine how the user attribute value needs to be queried.
- In the blank box, enter the value that needs to be matched.
NOTE: Value fields are not case sensitive; if you enter London, LONDON or london - it will achieve the same results.
- Click Add Condition to add any query row.
- Click to delete the selected query row.
- Click OK to save the changes made to the advanced query and close the window. You will be re-directed to the Exceptions tab, and the changes will be reflected.
- Click to edit the advanced query.
- Click to delete the advanced query.
- Click SAVE CHANGES to save the changes made, else click CANCEL CHANGES.
Signature Overview tab - This displays a summary of the signature rules applied to the selected signature.
Signature Senders tab - This allows you to define specific senders (which includes, groups, email addresses or domains) from within your organization who will be included to use the selected signature.
Signature Recipients tab - This allows you to specify whether a signature should be applied to a message based on the recipient or a specific domain.
Signature Date/Time tab - This allows you to define a date/time period within which a signature will be used.
Signature Advanced Rules tab - This allows you to define signature rules based on email content and subject, for server-side deployment only.
Signature Enable tab - This allows you to enable (and if required, disable) a signature either for server-side or client-side deployment or, in some cases, both.