Folders are used to organize signatures. As simple as this sounds - it provides a great benefit when you want to restrict specific signatures to be used by specific users or groups. For example, in a large organization with a range of businesses, you may want to ensure that the teams don't edit or view the signatures of the other businesses. For this purpose, you create folders and apply rules.
If you have the appropriate permissions and you don't have any folders setup, then all your signatures are displayed under the All Signatures tab in the sequence order of how they will be processed along with details of any signature rules applied.
Example: The following screenshot shows all signatures in the All Signatures tab:
In order to manage the signature content with great flexibility, you can add and, if required, restrict user access to certain folders. For example, you can create folders for different brands, products, regions, offices, departments, roles, editors and so on, depending upon your organization demands.
- You as an Exclaimer Cloud Administrator can set View and Edit user permissions to access the folders.
- You can restrict folder access to a single user or to multiple users - if no users are defined for a folder then it can be accessed by everyone.
- You can, if required, change the sequence of how the folders and the signatures within them are processed.
- You can only create one subfolder within a root folder.
How to access it?
To access the Create Folder option:
- From the left-hand pane, click Signatures then from the right-hand pane select the All Signatures tab.
- Click CREATE FOLDER.
Creating a new folder
To create a new folder:
- Click CREATE FOLDER.
- The Signatures > New Folder pane is displayed.
- To enter a folder name, click anywhere on the New Folder text then, as required, enter the name of the folder and press [Enter].
NOTE: Folder name cannot be empty.
- To add a description of the new folder, click anywhere on the Add Description text then, as required, enter the description for the folder and press [Enter].
- Click SAVE CHANGES to save the changes made, else click CANCEL CHANGES to cancel all the changes made to this folder.
The above screenshot displays that there are no signatures within this folder.
But, if you open a folder (which already has signatures) from within the All Signatures tab then you will see a list of all signatures that exist within the selected folder.
Create a new signature (to be included in the new folder).
Search for any existing signatures that you want to add to the new folder.
View, edit and manage signatures from within the selected folder.
- Define senders (users or groups of users) within your organization who will use the selected signature on their company emails.
- Define sender exceptions within your organization who will not use this particular signature in their company emails.
- Apply folder security: this means restricting the editing of signatures within this folder to particular editors.