The Table element allows you to define the layout of your email signatures. They are a great way to build and control the email signature design, using rows, columns and padding to add space and, give the signature template a professional feel to it.
To add a table to your email signature, simply drag and drop the required (pre-defined) table shape or the custom option onto the signature canvas/griddled background.
Once you have dropped a table shape onto your signature, you can:
- update the table properties then
- work on the table structure, such as add, remove or merge rows and columns to suit your requirements.
Tables are displayed with green borders around cells, and a gold border around the table as a whole:
This page describes the steps on how you can:
Adding a custom table
To add a custom table to the signature
- Drag and drop the Custom...element onto your canvas. The Custom.. window is displayed.
- In Columns, enter the number of columns you want the table to have.
- In Rows, enter the number of rows you want the table to have.
- Click OK to save the dimensions of the table and close the window. The customised table template is displayed on the signature design. Now, you can update the table properties to define how the table will look in your email signature.
- Click Cancel to close the window without saving any changes.
Defining table properties
To define how the table will look in your email signature:
When you add or edit any table, the table properties are displayed on the right-hand pane. Any content you add to the cells may inherit the parent properties, however, you can edit properties for those items to override inheritance from the table.
Apart from the Table, the rest of the properties are the same as the Group Properties. See below an example of the Table properties image:
Within the Table properties, the rows and columns are used to specify the number and size of rows and columns you want in the selected table:
|Rows||Enter or select the number of rows you want in the selected table.|
|Columns||Enter or select the number of columns you want in the selected table.|
Enter the value of the height you want to set for each row in the selected table.
|Column Widths||Enter the value of the width you want to set for each column in the selected table.
By default, auto is set. This means that the row width will be automatically adjusted based on the signature content.
Adding and Deleting rows and columns
To add and delete rows and columns to the selected table:
- Select a cell within the table. The Cell properties are displayed on the right-hand pane:
- From the Rows & Columns drop-down list, select the required options to add or delete rows or columns.
To merge cells within the selected table:
- Select a cell within the table to open the Cell properties section on the right-hand pane.
- Enter the required values in the Row Span and Column Span.
Row Span and Column Span allow you to merge table cells together.
To delete the selected table:
- Select the table to open the Table properties section on the right-hand pane.
- Click Delete to delete the table.