This feature allows you to define users who can edit signatures within the selected folder, thus providing great flexibility for managing signature content.
You can easily create and manage folders, but you need to be aware of the following key points:
- The ability to access or create folders depends upon the user's permission level. There are two types of users:
- Admin: can view, add, and edit all folders and signatures.
- Editor: can only access signatures within the root folder (All Signatures tab, assuming they are set to Global access) or only those signatures within the folder to which they have been granted access.
- You can restrict folder access to a single user or to multiple users. If no users are defined for a folder then it can be accessed by everyone.
- Folders affect the sequence in which signatures are processed and applied to email messages.
How to access it?
To access the Security tab:
- From the left-hand pane, click Signatures. All relevant functionality to setup the signatures is displayed on the right-hand pane.
- Select the Security tab.
Defining folder security
To define folder security:
- From the Security tab, select All editors / no restrictions to give access to everyone in your organisation to edit the signatures, within the selected folder.
The rest of the options on this tab will be disabled if the All editors / no restrictions option is selected. If you want to restrict access to specific editors (users), unselect the All editors / no restrictions option.
- In the Restrict editing of signatures in this folder to text box, enter the email address of the editor (user) you want to give access to, to edit the signatures.
- click Add Editor to add another editor.
- click against the editor you want to delete.
- Click Save Changes to save the changes made, else click Cancel Changes.