If you want to use a signature within your organization then it must be first applied to individual users or to groups of users within your organization.
In some cases, this might be as simple as applying it for 'everyone', but you might have different requirements. For example, you might want the Marketing team to showcase an event in their signature content or the Sales team to highlight a special offer, or the Customer Services team to include opening times and so on.
This topic describes the steps to define users (senders) for the 'selected signature'.
If you define users (senders) from within a folder, then you add or edit individuals or groups to whom the signatures, in the 'selected folder', will apply to.
How to access it?
To access the Senders tab:
- From the All Signatures tab, select the signature onto which you want to define users, then click Manage.
The selected signature window is displayed.
- Select the Senders tab to add or edit specific users or groups to this (selected) signature.
Defining which sender this signature applies to
- From the Senders tab, select Everyone in my organisation to apply the same signature to all users within your organisation.
The rest of the options on this tab will be disabled if the Everyone in my organisation option is selected.
- To select specific Members of this group for the selected signature, click Add Group to enable the drop-down list. (Group implies members from the Microsoft 365/Azure AD or G Suite/Google directory).
NOTE: Only the contact details of the group synced with Exclaimer Cloud are displayed in the drop-down list.- Enter the required mail-enabled security group name; this is a predictive text field, so any matched groups will be shown as you start to type. For example, typing the letter 'm' displays any groups containing that letter.
If you don't wish to use the autocomplete option, you can clear the field and enter the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) address manually.
NOTE: Only the contact details of the sender synced with Exclaimer Cloud are displayed in the drop-down list.
- click Add Group to add another group.
- click against the group you want to delete.
- To select a Specific sender, email address or @ domain for all users in domain, click Add Sender to enable the drop-down list.
- Enter the specific sender name, email address or domain; this is a predictive text field, so any matched names will be shown as you start to type.
- For Exclaimer Cloud Tour only: please ensure you enter the Display Name, in Edit Contact Details for the autocomplete to work properly.
If you don't wish to use the autocomplete option, you can clear the field and enter the email address manually.
- click Add Sender to add another sender.
- click against the sender you want to delete.
- To apply the signature according to queries based on user attributes, click Add Advanced Query. The Advanced query window is displayed.
This option is enabled only if Everyone in my organisation option is not selected.
- In Query Description, enter a description for the query. Once the query is complete, this description will be displayed on the signature title.
For the selected signature, you can only select one option from the Start with section.
- Select No-one, to start the query with no users and add matched users, or
- Select Everyone, to start the query with all users (everyone) and remove matched users.
Now, you need to define your query:
- From the Then drop-down, select the required option (either Add or Remove) to suit your scenario. The option you select will determine what will happen to users who match the query conditions.
- From the User Where drop-down, select the user attribute field that needs to be matched.
- From the Is drop-down, select the value to determine how the user attribute value needs to be queried.
- In the blank box, enter the value that needs to be matched.
Value fields are not case sensitive; this means, if you enter London, LONDON or london then it will achieve the same results.
- Click Add Condition to add another query row.
- Click to delete the selected query row.
- Click OK to save the changes made to the advanced query and close the window. You will be re-directed to the Signatures tab.
- Click to edit the advanced query.
Click to delete the advanced query.
- Click Save Changes to save the changes made, else click Cancel Changes.
- Sender rule is processed after the product rules (server-side and client-side) and Recipient type.
- The rule checks all the senders specified in the email. The list of senders can be a combination of rules, such as individual users, groups, advanced queries, and so on.
- If signature sender rules are applied from within the folder, then the folder rules are evaluated first. And, if the folder rules don't match then the signature rules are not evaluated.