You, as a member of the IT team, can easily deploy signatures to every employee (end-user) within your organization, irrespective of where the employees are based. The end-user doesn't have to be connected to the network and there is no need to deploy this using the Group Policy. As there is no separate application to manage, this results in less IT overhead.
This article guides you through the process of how you can deploy the Exclaimer Cloud Outlook Add-in to your environment.
Before you begin to deploy the Exclaimer Cloud Outlook Add-in to your environment, please ensure:
- Your organization is on the Preview version of Office 365.
You can either select the Targeted release for everyone option or the Targeted release for select users option. This change can take up to 24 hours to apply.
For more information, see Set up the Standard or Targeted release options.
Deploying Exclaimer Cloud Outlook Add-in
Follow these steps to deploy the Exclaimer Cloud Outlook Add-in to your environment:
- Log on to the Office 365 Portal as a Global Administrator.
- Open the admin center.
- Under Settings, select Integrated apps.
- Click Add-ins:
- Click Deploy Add-in:
- Click Next:
- Click Upload custom apps:
- Select the option I have a URL for the manifest file. Enter the required URL.
CAUTION: When you enter the URL, do not delete 'https://'.
See the Exclaimer Cloud Signatures download page for the Add-in Manifest URL.
A Configure add-in window is displayed.
- As required, choose which assigned users you want to have access to Exclaimer Cloud:
- Everyone: Select to assign everyone in your organization access to Exclaimer Cloud.
- Specific users / groups: Select to assign specific users or groups within your organization access to Exclaimer Cloud. Enter a specific user or group name; this is a predictive text field, so any matching users or groups will be displayed as you start to type.
- Just me: Select to assign only yourself, in your organization, access to Exclaimer Cloud.
- Now, select how you wish to deploy the Outlook Add-in:
- Fixed (default): Select to automatically deploy the Outlook Add-in to the assigned users. Users cannot remove the Add-in from their ribbon.
- Available: Select to deploy and make it available to assigned users to install the Add-in themselves.
- Optional: Select to automatically deploy the Outlook Add-in to the assigned users. Users can remove the Add-in from their ribbon.
- Click Next to continue.
The Deploy Exclaimer Cloud Signatures window is displayed.
WARNING! It can take approximately 12 hours to deploy the Exclaimer Cloud Outlook Add-in to all users within your organization.
The users will need to relaunch Microsoft Office for this effect to take place.
- A confirmation message is displayed when the Outlook Add-in has been successfully deployed:
- Click Next to proceed.
Once the Exclaimer Cloud Outlook Add-in has been successfully deployed, you now need to make it available for users to use these signatures.