The Exclaimer Cloud Signature Update Agent allows you to synchronize signatures directly with the user's Outlook on both Windows and macOS, as well as Apple Mail.
If your subscription is configured with client-side signature rules, signatures can be synchronized to the users' local computers for Microsoft Outlook on Windows.
For the synchronize process to work, the Exclaimer Cloud Signature Update Agent needs to be running on each user's computer.
But, if necessary, you can also deploy the Exclaimer Cloud Signature Update Agent via an MSI package.
If required, you can deploy an update to Exclaimer Cloud Signature Update Agent using an existing Group Policy Object (GPO).
This page describes the steps on how you can deploy Exclaimer Cloud Signature Update Agent via GPO, and it consists of the following sections:
Downloading the MSI Package
To download the MSI package for the Exclaimer Cloud Signature Update Agent:
Download the MSI installer for Exclaimer Cloud Signature Update Agent.
Creating a group policy
To create a group policy:
- Open the Group Policy Management console from the Windows button on your domain controller, right-click on the domain name and select Create a GPO in this domain, and link it here...
- Specify a name for the new Group Policy Object (GPO) and click OK.
- Right-click the newly created GPO and click Edit.
- Navigate to User Configuration, select Policies, then select Software Settings.
- Right-click Software installation, select New, then click Package.
- Select the MSI package you downloaded earlier.
- From the Deploy Software window, select Assigned as the deployment method and click OK.
- From the Group Policy Management Editor, right-click on the Exclaimer software package and select Properties. The Exclaimer Outlook Signature Update Agent Properties window is displayed.
- Select the Deployment tab, tick the Install this application at logon option, then click OK.
Next time the users restart their computer, the GPO will run and apply the Exclaimer Cloud Signature Update Agent.Have you got a question? Please take a look at our Frequently Asked Questions page.