Additional Azure Active Directory (AD) Attributes is a feature available for Exclaimer Cloud - it allows you to have up to 100 extra AD fields. These fields are available within the template designer for use in your signatures.
This feature can be used if you maintain a local Active Directory and you synchronize to Azure AD, using the Azure AD Connect tool.
You can choose additional fields within the Azure AD Connect tool's Directory Extensions feature. These fields have all the available options that the standard fields have within Exclaimer Cloud (such as hyperlinking, font selection, size modification and visibility options).
How to access it?
To access the Additional Azure AD Attributes option:
- From the left-hand pane, click Configuration then select Manage User Data.
- From the right-hand pane, under Enable Additional Attributes are all the relevant options.
Enabling Additional Azure AD Attributes
To enable the additional AD attributes:
As required, select the appropriate option then click SAVE to save the changes made:
- Not Enabled: Select not to enable the additional Azure AD attributes, but to only read the standard Azure AD attributes.
- Synchronizing All Azure AD Attributes: Select to synchronize all Azure AD attributes from a local AD for use in Exclaimer Cloud.
NOTES on Additional AD Attributes:
- It can be used if you synchronize from a local Active Directory using the Azure AD Connect tool.
- It can be selected from the standard range of attributes in the Active Directory.
- Any single value attribute field containing data is synchronized and is available for use within Exclaimer.
- Multi-value fields (such as Description) cannot be synchronized.
- A maximum of 100 attributes can be synchronized.
- Synchronizing 15 Custom Attributes available in Microsoft 365: Select to synchronize the 15 custom attributes available via Exchange Online.
Once the attributes are synchronized, you can start using them in your signatures.
NOTES on Custom Attributes:
- It can be used by anyone using Microsoft 365.
- It uses the Custom Attributes field, available within Exchange Online.
- A maximum of 15 Exchange extension attributes can be used (this is a Microsoft limit for Exchange).You've got a question? Please take a look at our Frequently Asked Questions page.